Discussion in 'DIY & MYOG' started by Gadget, Jan 19, 2016.
More a “ Can someone make me “ rather than I have made post
I’m wanting a strap system to hold a shelter on the top of my Mld Exodus pack ,I’m happy to pay I can’t seem to find one to buy
Doesn't it have a Y strap?
Drop me a pm with description, sketch, of what you are thinking of & I'll see what I can do.
I've a stock of webbing, grossgrain, fabric & plastic bits so should be able to help out......& it's raining
very boxy foxy.
New bag for a wee Microspike cramps...33g..stores flat when empty
Decided to mod the Aegismax Down Balaclava after consulting an expert (the OH), I took about 7cm off the circumference by taking in a dart down both of the back seams, row of basting first then ran the Singer over; not exactly Haute Couture but it worked.
The fit's a lot better & no down lost.
And it's reversible, since it looks like you didn't cut anything out.
Will you be selling any of these?
Looks well made job...…..I made something similar a couple of years ago (usually stored in side pocket) & after use decided to rework into a more 3D shape for ease of use.
Why did you go with a waterproof zip? I just used standard #5 coil.
Are you going to use it as intended to sleep in and, if so, did you try it? Only I'd say you'd want it nice and baggy for that. But if you want it for outdoor use then I can see making it snug is a good idea.
Enquiring minds would like to know: why did you sew on the outside instead of inside?
For evening wear & sleeping in, I normally use my Blackrock down beanie but below -2C find it a bit cool, it was below -10C the last time I was out. I found that when open enough to be able to breath 'outside' it was too loose to be efficient; even after taking 7cm out it's still a reasonably loose fit. I reckon the minimum face hole without overly swashing the down is still around 8cm...…….they're just made BIG.
Because I used got the OH to place fabric clips along the seam first to nip it in to the 'correct' size (after shaking the down forward), I suppose I could have turned it inside out first, but after completing this step I decided it didn't matter from a functional point of view.
That is a simple and valid reason. I was just wondering if there was a technical one...
Separate names with a comma.