To celebrate my new Ti cone, I decided to experiment to find my ideal flame gap. My setup is a Trangia style 1lt pan in a caldera clone, using a Starlyte style burner, made from a 30ml aluminium screwtop jar (with ceramic felt and steel mesh). Up 'til now I had been running it with the generally recommended 25mm flame gap, but this new cone was a bit taller, and enabled me to increase that to a maximum of 40mm. For the test, I used 15ml of bioethanol to bring 400ml of tapwater to a rolling boil, them let the fuel burn right out. I changed the flame gap by sitting the burner on a number of 5mm CF pads (under a layer of baking foil, to protect them). I even tried a flame gap of 60mm, by clamping the burner in my B&D Workmate and sitting the cone on the work surface (sealing the airgaps with baking foil). Here are the results, Flame Gap······Time to Rolling Boil·····Time to Flameout ···25mm··············06:20·························09:02 ···30mm··············05:43·························08:35 ···35mm··············05:20·························08:04 ···40mm··············05:34·························08:20 ···60mm··············06:12·························08:08 It looks like my ideal flame gap is around 35 to 40mm. Bears out my observations, the cooler, blue, fuel-rich flame cone was impinging more on the base of the pan at the smaller flame gap. Interesting to see the choking effect of the small flame gap, extending the total burn time.